Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility Corporation is looking for experienced and highly motivated managers, engineers, and architects to join our scientific computing support team. We are a multi-discipline team of managers, system administrators (LINUX, Windows, Mac), virtualization, storage, backup and security, analysts, architects, and engineers. The OIM scientific computing support team is a United States FDA program that provides scientific computing support. You will work with various FDA scientific community organizations including the FDA Centers.
FDA researchers and other scientists increasingly rely on high-end or otherwise non-standard workstations and servers.
Scientific workstation/server/storage/infrastructure/portable device support is essential to enable the scientists to
perform this work. The operating systems, software and configurations used on these devices may be routine,
standardized or totally unique. These workstations/servers may be either physical or virtual or portable and both also
require infrastructure support such as servers to either host and/or provide configuration management resources. A deep understanding of the high-end technologies involved, skills interfacing laboratory equipment with scientific workstations, servers, and storage devices in an IT enterprise environment is required.
Roles and Responsibilities (including some or all of the following):
Provide scientific computing support of (but not limited to - as the needs of our scientists evolve):
- Windows Server Updates and patching for Windows
- Endpoint Protection Antivirus and Management for Windows, Mac and Linux (SAV-CE)
- scripts - patching, management, maintenance, start-up, auditing etc
- Perl scripts - patching, management, maintenance, start-up, auditing etc
- Threat detection and response, Antimalware
- Custom applications for collection and collation of workstation management and compliance data
- Syslog servers
- Baseline establishment and management for most hardware platforms in use at FDA and current Windows, Mac and several Linux
- Operating Systems
- AD containers (OU) for scientific workstations and scientific servers
- "Middleware" applications
- Software repository and install point for software for scientists
- Central management of software for scientists, including automated patching, configuration management, and license management
- Servers on the FDA network
- Apple servers for Mac managementCorporate Software Inspector
- back-up solutions
- Dell blade servers
- virtual/virtualization environment technologies
- Storage arrays, SAN, NAS, etc.
- Support design reviews and milestones as necessary
- Present results of analyses to internal, independent review team
- Review and/or prepare presentations, reports, and othercontract deliverables related to analyses
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Related Field 5+ years of related experience or 8+ years of work related experiencerequired in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated progression of responsibilities and skills over the course of professional development
- Experience supporting federal Scientific Computing customers required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have demonstrated experience interfacing with highly technical customer base (scientists and physicians)
- Position requires a proactive, self-starting, independent, flexible engineer with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to travel to customer sites
- Ability to obtain a public trust