Computer Vision Scientist
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in computer vision techniques for localization and tracking, including SLAM and visual odometry. The candidate should be familiar with the current state-of-the-art in image processing, feature detection and classification, optical flow field construction, loop closure, image registration, and image cross-correlation. The candidate will be responsible for optimization and tuning of existing algorithms as well as development of new algorithms. The candidate will also be responsible for implementation of algorithms and deployment to embedded processing platforms. This will include software architecture design, system integration, and debugging / issue resolution.
The candidate should demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving and must be willing to actively participate in field testing and evaluation of algorithm and system performance. An aptitude for software and system debugging is a must.
Otherresponsibilities include assisting in preparation of oral and written reports, supporting R&D business acquisition and customer briefings, and present results of research at scientific / engineering conferences and publish in technical journals. Engineers / scientists who are passionate about applying their expertise to solve problems of national importance, who have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and who are seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stable environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Familiar and comfortable with OpenCV and/or Fast CV.
- Strong foundation in C/C++ software development.
- Strong foundation in the use of design patterns in object oriented programming.
- Strong foundation in efficient implementation of algorithms in C/C++ on multi-core CPU and GPU processors.
- Experienced in the use of MATLAB and/or Python.
- Team player with excellent presentation and written / oral communication skills.
- Must possess a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- US Citizenship (Applicants selected will be subject to a securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information).
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Strong background in at least one of: 3D graphics, robust estimation, machine learning.
- Strong foundation developing software for Linux platforms.
- Experience and interest in efficient implementation of algorithms in VHDL / Verilog and C/C++ on processors such as FPGAs and DSPs.
- Background in systems engineering and hardware / software integration.
- Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs.
- Work in real-time, parallel and distributed computing.
- Prior / existing security clearance.