Computer Vision Research Engineer - Augmented Reality
DiDi Chuxing is the world?s leading mobiletransportation platform. We offer a diverse range of mobile tech-based mobility options for more than four hundred million users across more than four hundred cities. Our services include premier taxi hailing, private car-hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), DiDi Chauffeur, DiDi Bus, DiDi Minibus, DiDi Test Drive, DiDi Car Rental, and DiDi Enterprise Solutions, all delivered through a single mobile app. More than 25 million daily rides were completed on DiDi?s platform as of October 2017, and our numbers continue to grow. Our mission is to become the global leader in smart transportation and automotive technology, the world?s largest operator of vehicle networks and the global leader in smart transportation systems.
DiDi Chuxing has now officially launched DiDi Labs in Mountain View, California. DiDi Labs will be at the forefront of our most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies. Didi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility and flexibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company. We aim to attract top engineers and researchers with the skills and passion to drive a revolutionary transformation of the global transportation industry.
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development. Didi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company
We are looking for experienced computer vision research engineers in our Mountain View office to develop algorithms and systems for DiDi projects on augmented reality. The goal is to apply cutting-edge algorithms and technologies on cars to redefine the way we experience and interact with cars. We are interested talents in all relevant areas: machine learning, computer vision, image processing and computer graphics etc. We are thrilled to have top-notch talents joining us to shape the future of cars, and deliver revolutionarily exciting experiences to millions of DiDi customers.
- Research and develop algorithms and systems for augmented reality applications. Used to reimagine the way people interact with the surrounding world and improve their car driving and riding experience.
- Collaborate withother engineers and teams to deliver prototype and/or production solutions.
- Contribute to DiDi?s intellectual property portfolio through patient filing.
- Track latest advancements and maintain a current understanding of related research areas.
- Ph.D. (preferred) or masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or related programs.
- Expertise in one or more following areas: machine learning, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics. Hands-on experience and deep understanding in one or more of the following will be preferred:
- Machine learning, esp. deep learning, applied to visual recognition or understanding, e.g. object recognition and localization, semantic segmentation, scene understanding, etc.
- 3D computer vision: structure from motion (SfM), stereo vision, visual SLAM, Visual (Inertial) Odometry
- Large-scale content-based image or video retrieval.
- Single or multi-target visual tracking.
- Strong publication record and/or proven track record of delivering solid technologies or products in above areas is a large plus.
- Solid knowledge in fundamental algorithms and data structures.
- Programming proficiency in C++ and/or Python.
- One or more of the following skills will be a bonus:
- GPU programming: CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL etc.
- Infrastructure of big data, high-performance computing and/or distributed system.
- Programming mobile or embedded devices, including code performance optimization.
- Development of web apps and/or micro-services.
- Passion for R&D and technical excellence, self-motivated, strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication and a spirit of collaboration in a rapidly growing team.