Second Spectrum is a sports tech company and for our Computer Vision Team, we are looking for a United States-based
Computer Vision Engineer
What You’ll Get To Do:
We are looking for a production-oriented, computer vision engineer to design, develop and implement computer vision and machine learning cutting-edge technologies to ensure our market-leading position in sports player tracking and broadcast solutions.
- Design, prototype, implement and test software and computer vision & machine learning algorithms in Python and C++.
- Develop and optimize real-time and high-accuracy sports solutions with modern CV: object detection, recognition and tracking, camera calibration, 3D reconstruction, etc.
- Manage interdisciplinary projects in collaboration with different groups within the company.
- Implement and provide best-practices for maintainable software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) to run algorithms on a large number of servers in the cloud.
- Support and monitor live systems, including on-call rotation for computer vision systems during sports seasons.
- Continuously learn new applications and apply learnings to new challenges.
Our Software Stack:
- Languages for scientific computing: Python 3, modern C++
- Frameworks: OpenCV, CUDA, FFmpeg, Tensorflow, NumPy, scikit-learn
- Codebase: Git with GitLab
- Cloud services: AWS EC2 and S3
- Productivity: Slack, Notion, Google Apps
What You Have:
- 2+ years of industrial experience in the full development life cycle: design, prototype, implementation, testing, and performance evaluation of software
- 2+ years of industrial experience in computer vision and modern machine learning algorithms, such as deep learning
- BSc or MSc in computer science or a related degree, with strong software engineering and modern computer vision components
- Solid experience in software engineering: modern software development practices and tools, concurrent and distributed programming, operating systems, computer networks, database systems
- Fully proficient in Python and modern C++ with exposure to functional & object-oriented programming paradigms. Other languages such as Rust will be considered as an advantage for some of our multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience with high-performance computing, GPU computing, and real-time systems would set you apart
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams.
- Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable, and efficient code).
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by highly-qualified technical leads.
- Innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact.
- Multicultural team with employees based across several countries.
- Flexible working hours and unlimited PTO.
- Attend international CV conferences (e.g. ICCV or CVPR); discuss papers on a regular basis.
About Second Spectrum
Second Spectrum is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
- We are the official tracking and analytics provider of the English Premier League, NBA, and MLS and have numerous clients across multiple sports at the team, league, and media level.
- We developed a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the award-winning Clippers CourtVision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market.