We are looking for a Software Engineer for Autonomous Vehicles in the mapping team. In this role, you will help craft and guide our outstanding map building solution, which plays an important role for NVIDIA's Autonomous Vehicles effort.
We are seeking the best engineers passionate about solving problems for self-driving cars with a background in software design, embedded software, working on real-time software and operating systems. Are you interested in inventing human level AI for navigation in the unconstrained world under any conditions? If so, join us!What You'll Be Doing
What We Need To See
- Developing core functionality for map-based driving.
- Handling real-time system signals in the car running all over the world.
- Designing and integrating algorithmic solutions into the core of NVIDIA AV.
- Writing safe embedded software code to run in real-time systems.
- Develop highly efficient product code in C++ and make use of high algorithmic parallelism offered by GPGPU programming (CUDA).
- Produce code and designs following automotive quality and safety standards.
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in building robust software.
- At least 2 years of previous C++ development experience.
- Passionate about robotics and autonomous vehicles.
- Strive to learn new things and solving meaningful problems.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams.
- Autonomous, responsible engineers who are also great teammates.
- Software development on embedded or automotive platforms.
- Experience with GPGPU programming (CUDA).
- Runtime optimization of code using profilers.
- Experience with API and framework design.
- Background in computer vision, 3D geometry and machine learning.
We believe that realizing self-driving vehicles will be a defining contribution of our generation (e.g. traffic accidents are responsible for ~1.25 million deaths per year world-wide). We have the funding and scale, but we need your help on our team. NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers with some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working here. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.