A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
Job Duties: Working as a member of our Artificial Intelligence team, you will develop 3D computer vision algorithms and the associated software implementations to enhance our systems which provide insights to improve our customers’ operations. You will contribute to creating innovative solutions that leverage 3D sensors, image sensors, computer vision and machine learning software libraries and frameworks. This is an opportunity to apply your cross-functional skillsets, creativity and experience in computer vision, robotics, and control systems to solve exciting product development challenges. This is a high-visibility position within our company and assumption of increased responsibilities over time is expected.
- Provide data/report support for complex computer vision projects.
- Define unstructured data needs, evaluate data quality, and extract/transform data for analytical projects and research as they apply to the automotive industry.
- Leverage C/C++, Python, CUDA, and OpenCV to capture and annotate images/videos based on requirements.
- Produce timely and error-free deliverables in an efficient manner, managing multiple tasks and varying project scopes.
- Software and Algorithm development for computer vision, image processing and data fusion on SAMBots and Autonomous Vehicles to enable navigation/sensing in challenging environments.
- Document algorithmic approaches, test results, prepare technical reports, present results, and demonstrate system capabilities to peer review groups, partners, working groups, and sponsors.
- Bachelor/Master degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field, with a concentration in computer vision.
- Graduate-level studies in computer vision, and image/video signal processing is a plus.
- Strong programming ability in C, C++, and Python
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of project scope and feature extraction methodology
- Experience in imaging process development.
- Experience in Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing
- Experience developing scalable architectures in a cloud environment
- Solid foundation in including latest advances in deep neural networks and on turning machine learning technologies into practical system implementations.
- Solid foundation in computer vision; key areas of interest include 3D computer vision, multiple view geometry, visual SLAM, and object detection, tracking & recognition.
- Solid foundation in software development process and tools.
- Experience using OpenCV for computer vision and image analysis algorithm development.
- Experience with PCL, OpenNI, and 3D depth sensors is preferred.
- Experience with CUDA drivers, GPU programming, Linux architecture and Robotic OS (ROS) is a plus.
- Strong teamwork, communication skills, passion, creativity, productivity & learning agility