Want to work on something new, exciting and innovative? If you answered yes to that question, then you are in the right place! Shape is a startup company working on ShapeScale, a photo-realistic 3D body scanner that shows you how your body composition changes. After having completed a very successful pre-order launch and the recent closing of a $4M financing round, we are looking to expand our team in San Francisco.
Our computer vision team is looking for a talented 3D Computer Vision Engineer. In this role, you will work on the acquisition, processing, and analysis of the data captured by ShapeScale and develop state-of-the-art 3D reconstruction techniques.
At Shape, we believe that what makes a company amazing is the people. Our people are our greatest asset, and together we share the commitment to create products that connect the human body with technology in a magical way. We are committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun to all of our team members.
Join our world class, fitness crazed team to work on some of the most challenging technical problems that have the potential to change countless of lives, including yours.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, implement, evaluate and test 3D reconstruction algorithms and systems with a focus on dense reconstruction, SFM, multi-view stereo, meshing, photogrammetry, SLAM and sensor fusion
- Research, develop, and prototype advanced hardware and software technologies related to 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection, and point cloud registration
- Develop existing and new human body shape parameterization, segmentation, correspondence, registration, posture estimation, and analysis methods and algorithms
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Explore novel ways to use and integrate different sensors to solve problems in reconstructing 3D human body models
- Evaluate, analyze and optimize system resources related to image processing, computer vision, and machine learning
- Conceive proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Develop and implement readable, maintainable and efficient production-ready code in C/C++
WHO YOU ARE:
- Worked on significant computer vision projects in commercial environments
- Outstanding skills in C and/or C++ with minimum 3 years of experience in writing robust and maintainable production code
- Experience with 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors techniques, such as sensor fusion, multi-view stereo, meshing, photogrammetry and SLAM
- Comfortable with 3D computational geometry, linear algebra, statistics, numerical methods, and error analysis
BONUS POINTS IF:
- PhD or MSc involving 3D-Reconstruction, SLAM, Camera Calibration or Computational Geometry
- Experience with existing computer vision libraries such as OpenCV, PCL, CGAL, Eigen, etc.
- Experience with texture projection, generation, and completion using patch match algorithms
- GPGPU programming, preferably using CUDA or OpenCL
- Hands-on experience in geometric/3D deep learning frameworks and libraries, e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe, Keras, PointNet, ShapeNet
- Experience with imaging sensors and camera module packaging/manufacturing/calibration/testing
We will hire the candidate of choice into the level commensurate with their educational background and experience.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
- A chance to have a transformative impact on the lives of potentially millions by enabling them to lead happier and healthier lives
- Competitive salary and equity
- Excellent, comprehensive health insurance, 100% employer covered (incl. dependents)
- Unlimited paid time off (15 days/year required!)
- Daily catered lunches and a full-stocked kitchen
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Assistance with H1B/O1/TN visa transfer
- Opportunity to work in a creative and collaborative environment with a passionate, agile and adept diversified team