Computer Systems & Network Administrator
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Computer Systems & Network Administrator II
What You’ll Do:
- Fabricate, terminate, and interconnect wiring and associated networkinfrastructure devices.
- Provide mission-critical voice, data, and video services.
- Install, upgrade, replace, configure and maintain systems/circuits that access military, Federal and commercial networks.
- Integrate infrastructure devices and systems using the latest approved software tools.
- Establish priorities, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, and repairsnetwork systems equipment and circuits utilizing tools and test equipment.
- Isolate malfunctions using diagnostic software, technical data, block diagrams, voltage and waveform measurements, and other tests requiring specialized test equipment.
- Monitor performance of systems and circuits.
- Coordinate with DoD agencies and other service providers to analyze and isolate performance faults and implement corrective actions.
- Check equipment for serviceability and perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform client-level information technology support functions.
- Manage hardware and software.
- Perform configuration management and troubleshooting.
- Install and configure software operating systems and applications.
- Provide service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems.
- Reports security incidents and executes corrective security procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance.
- DoD 8570 Certified: CompTIA A+, Security Plus, or CISSP Certification
- Microsoft, Linux and VMWare ESXi Engineering and Installation Experience
- Experience with Windows Server Operating Systems and Services and Red Hat/CentOS Linux and associated services.
- A general knowledge of the entire datacenter, including networking, storage, Windows Server, Active Directory and Linux.
- Ability to obtain or have current Security+ certification or otherwise meet 8570 requirement in perpetuity.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department ofEducation.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Travel within the US and abroad will be required. 25-50%