Applied Memetics LLC is seeking an experienced, motivated Cyber Security Analyst to support our VA customer in Hines, IL. The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for providing security analysis and technical support to monitor, identify, and mitigate security incidents. The position is located on-site at the customer’s facility. U.S. Citizenship is required for this role.
SOC experience and Incident Response Monitoring & Handling are required.
There are two (2) openings for a Cyber Security Analyst that require SOC experience and Incident Response Monitoring & Handling.
The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cybersecurity tools, intrusion detection, and securednetworks. They will serve as an expert and be responsible for providing network and security operations technical analysis, assessment and recommendations in the areas of real-time security situational awareness, operational network system and applications systems security monitoring. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring various security tools (e.g., Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, SourceFire, Cisco ASA) to identify potential incidents, network intrusions, and malware events, etc. to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of VA architecture and information systems are protected
- Reviewing and analyzing log files to report any unusual or suspect activities
- Utliizing incident response use-case workflows to follow established and repeatable processes for triaging and escalating
- Generating trouble tickets and performing initial validation and triage to determine whether incidents are securityevents using open source intelligence (OSINT)
- Following established incident response procedures to ensure proper escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents
- Reporting incidents to US CERT and providing detailed information for use in after action reports
- Analyzing and correlating incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy
- Providing technical support for new detection capabilities, recommendations to improve upon existing tools/capabilities to protect the VA network, and assessments for High Value Assets
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electronical Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and at least 10 years IT experience. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Certification (or ability to obtain certification) in at least one of the following areas: 1) GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), 2) GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), 2) Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Experience with advanced cybersecurity tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks
- In-depth understanding of NIST SP 800-61, US CERT and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards
- Experience interpreting and implementing cybersecurity regulations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Outstanding written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required as is successfully passing a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting