The candidate should be self-motivated, enjoy working directly with the customer and with the end-users, and love working with and quickly learning high levellanguages and requirements.
Title of Position: Computer Scientist- Python
Description of Position:
- This position requires a senior software engineer providing full system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality, web/graphic user interface development, and database support.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, enjoy working directly with the customer and with the end-users and value high quality software.
- Position will involve adding incremental functionality to an existing software application.
- Candidate will add new features that require design/code improvements to analytic tools (existing application).
- Code will be developed in Python.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- CCAs will be considered for this position
Education and Experience Required:
- Developed in Python.
- Experience with POSTGRE SQL or other RDBMS software
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kibana
- A minimum of five (5) years of computer science experience with high-level language software programming.
- Within the last 5 years, minimum of 5 years SW development experience.
- Familiarity with Postgres and Elasticsearch Relational Databases. Need to write SQL statements in code to read from/insert into database. Also need to be understand database tables and how to add extra fields to tables.
- Linux experience
Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of four (4) years experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System.
- Within the last five (5)years, a minimum of four (4)yearsexperiencein at least one (1) of the specializations listed below:
- Programming/ScriptingLanguages: Individual shall have designed, coded, tested and debugged software written in C, C++, Java, PERL, TCL/TK, PYTHON, BOURNE shell, C shell, BASH, KORN shell, Groovy, PL/SQL, SQL, PHP.
- Database Management: Individual shall have experience in object-oriented or relational database design, development, troubleshooting, and testing, and management system experience with SYBASE, ORACLE or MySQL. Experience shall include use of PL/SQL, Oracle Dataguard, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, Oracle Label Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and/or JDBC
- Software Test/Integration: Individual shall have experience planning, developing, documenting and executing test programs to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements, writing and executing test procedures, documenting problem reports and defining test paths. In addition, experience is required in system analysis and data flow paths.
- Systems Interfacing: Individual shall have experience designing and developing SW that interfaces to other systems, to include networks.
- Data Formatting : Individual shall have experience in design and development of specialized applications software dealing with data in the NSA standard formats (e.g. CSDF, CERF, USSID 124, ASDF) or experience programming using the manipulation re-use libraries for those formats.
- Middleware (Business Tier): Individual shall have experience with one or more of the following: Hibernate, Tomcat, Jboss, EJB3, WebLogic 8.1, Apache Log4J, Rsync, jBPM
- Frameworks: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Spring, Grails.
- XML Technologies: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: JAXB, JIBX
- Development Environment: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Eclipse, ANT
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of GUI interfacing (but the position will not do GUI development).
- Knowledge of MySQL database