Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in Aurora, CO is currently seeking a UNIX / Linux System Administrator / Maintainer that will provide 24x7 Tier-2 engineering support and maintenance of high priority operational systems. Will maintain systems at a high level of availability by resolving problems based on mission criticality and guidance. This will require a broad level of knowledge of many high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise.Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performs Tier-2 software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Solaris, UNIX, Linux, Windows, and VMS
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages, or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collections of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system and accurately document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Collect data describing the environment at the time of the failure and perform other activities in support of Tier-3 maintenance provider DR investigation and resolution
- Perform system monitoring, analyze and document performance and conduct trend analyses as required
- Also support system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis of system utilization and make recommendation for design changes and enhancements.
- Environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Science with 2 years of related Windows and/or UNIX or Linux Systems Administration experience; AA/AS Degree with 4 years; or 6 of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree
- Active TS/SCI access with adjudicated Polygraph (within 10 years)
- Must have experience configuring domain information utilities, such as Active Directory, Centrify, LDAP, and DNS
- Must have strong background and experience troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Must be able to work under pressure in restoring high priority systems back to operations
- Must have good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into crew-based actions and response
- Must be able to work a non-standard work week, weekends, and holidays; 12-hour shift work expected in support of 24x7 operations.
- Minimum current DoD8140 IAT Level I Certification.
- Ability to navigate, debug, and modify programs in an advanced programming language
- Ability to write PERL, python, and shell scripts
- Experience with storage products from Oracle/Sun/STK, EMC, IBM, NetApp, and/or DDN
- Experience with virtual software technologies such as Citrix, VMware, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)