You are passionate about working in the areas of geometric modeling, computer animation and rendering to take human computer interaction and virtual humans to the next level. You can apply the latest techniques in computer graphics, computer vision, machine learning or physically-based modeling to 3D modeling, motion re-targeting, 3D rendering and 3D tracking problems. You're an exceptional C/C++ software engineer with a solid understanding of applied mathematics and numerical optimization as used in computer graphics, computer vision, or robotics. You're capable of driving cutting-edge and performance-sensitive systems that incorporate the latest innovations in deep learning and computer vision.
At Oculus, you'll build cutting-edge research prototypes and harden them for production to deliver the future of interaction for virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology. Work alongside expert Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Develop advanced technologies related to modeling shape and appearance of hands, bodies and interactive objects. Incorporate and expose these models in tracking pipelines and experience prototypes
- Collaborate with other researchers, software and hardware engineers, and 3D artists to develop experiments and concepts that advance the entire project
- Mentor MS/PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
- MS or PhD in the field of computer graphics, computer vision, robotics or similar
- 5 or more years of experience developing software in computer graphics (including visual effects, gaming and scientific visualization) including low-level system development and development on various platforms
- Knowledge in 3D math and linear algebra, with applied experience in geometric modeling, character modeling, inverse kinematics and parametric surfaces
- Track record of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- 3 or more years experience with character shape and appearance modeling or character animation
- Track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, NIPS, RSS, etc.