$100K — $150K *
DescriptionCOMPUTER ENGINEER (GXP-21-0578-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Computer Engineer to join our team in supporting a newly awarded, five year contract at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division. This contract will support the Strategic Systems Guidance, Navigation and Control Division (GXP). GXP’s mission is to provide electrical, electronic and mechanical design engineering, software engineering, acquisition, development, new design concepts, software and hardware platforms, production, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, reliability, maintenance, and sustainment functions for a variety of platforms, missile systems, and test facilities.
Duties will include:
• Researching, developing, designing, and test computer hardware and equipment, including memory devices, processors, chips, analog sensors, circuit boards, keyboards, modems, routers and printers.
• May be called on to manufacture these components, install, assist and/or train on the operation and maintenance on hardware or software and may specialist in either.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bowhead personnel in the GXP Division will provide support services areas of research and development; system/software/safety engineering, analysis, design, test and evaluation; prototyping, preproduction and fabrication; reliability and maintainability; logistics and configuration management; quality assurance; in-service engineering and field service; material handling, maintenance and repair, and inventory management services.
Requirements• A BA/S in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science is required at a minimum in addition to at least seven (7+) years of experience
• Prior computer engineering experience with Military, specifically US Navy, systems is highly desired
• Prior experience supporting NSWC Crane is preferred
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Valid through: 6/25/2021