McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking an engineer to support Navigation and Ship Control Systems projects. Responsibilities may include:
- Provide support for developing, installing, and functionally testing software.
- Recommending and performing/supporting redesign, modification, or alteration of software and hardware for system integration and improvements.
- Conducting systems engineering studies.
- Provide engineering support to develop, update, and maintain software specifications, design, and requirements documentation; participate in peer reviews.
- Provide engineering support to accomplish system software deliveries and installations shipboard and at land based test sites/labs.
- Develop test procedures.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware.
- Support software quality assurance audits, and configuration management.
- Utilize issue tracking software/databases.
- Participate in meetings with Industry regarding software production efforts.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Experience developing technical documentation.
Ability to troubleshoot software issues.
Proficient with MS Office suite.
Candidate shall have Secret clearance, or be able to obtain one.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
Experience using Issue Tracking and Software version control tools a plus (i.e. JIRA).
Travel up to 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.