Computer Network Defense - Service Provider Analyst ( CND-A )
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer’s oriented Computer Network Defense – Service Provider Analyst (CND-A) to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
CND-A personnel use data collected from a variety of CND tools (including intrusion detection system alerts, firewall and network traffic logs, and host system logs) to analyze events that occur within their environment. CND-As are individuals who collect and analyze event information or perform threat or target analysis duties. This person has significant knowledge of CND tools, tactics, techniques, and procedures which support their analysis of event information.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- ·Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources with the customer’s Information Systems (IS) and determine possible causes of such alerts.
- ·Coordinate within the customer’s IS CND staff to validate network alerts.
- ·Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources with the customer’s IS, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system logs.
- ·Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- ·Monitor external data sources (e.g. CND vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, SANS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of CND threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the Customer’s IS.
- ·Assist in the construction of signatures which can be implemented on the CND network tools in response to new or observed threats.
- ·Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the customer’s IS to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- ·Notify CND or appropriate managers, CND incident responders, and other CND-SP team members of suspected CDN incidents and articulate the events history, status, and potential impact for further action.
- ·Minimum Education: B.S. or relevant experience in related field.
- ·Minimum/General Experience: 6 years of relevant experience.
- ·Must be DoD 8570.01 compliant within 6 months of the hire date.