The Vehicle Compute Team Lead will research and develop our onboard computing and communication systems. You will drive system level requirements and propose hardware solutions for the computing platform to meet our performance, cost, and power consumption targets. You will work closely with the autonomous vehicle software team, sensor hardware and vehicle hardware team, as well as with a range of partners in the area of high performance computing industry.
About the Work
- Develop high performance, high efficiency, and highly robust on-board computing solution for autonomous vehicle, while meeting cost targets.
- Develop reliable on-board communication system to exchange high bandwidth data across computer, various sensor modules, and telemetry system.
- Define and develop high bandwidth and low latency telemetry system for vehicle teleoperation.
- Evaluate performance of CPUs, GPUs, and various machine learning accelerators/processor/IP and guide future directional development paths.
- Help decide what to do in-house and what to outsource, communicate design requirements with external vendors and help drive the progress.
- Work cross-functionally between software and hardware teams
- Develop hardware bringup and validation test plans, on bench top and on vehicle
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in compute hardware or computer engineering
- Experience with GPUs and DL inference chips
- Experience with benchmarking and validating performance for complex compute architectures
- Good understanding on high speed interfaces (PCIe, DDR, GMIII/RGMII, SATA, etc.), power integrity, signal integrity, EMI/EMC in automotive environment
- Industrial experience with computer motherboard, Ethernet switch, and WiFi/cellular modem