Description: A Compute and Storage Management Lead job in Rockville, MD is currently available at Belcan Government Services. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor’s degree & a minimum of eight years of professional experience. As a contract holder on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s Global Infrastructure Development Acquisition (GLINDA), we are pursuing upcoming opportunities with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) including Security Operations, End User Computing, Network/Data Center/Cloud Services, and Mobility Services. You shall successfully transition operations associated with the existing on premise compute and storage resources at each NRC data center location and provide appropriate technical support for maintaining the existing operational environment. Additionally, in its successful delivery of Compute and Storage Management services, you shall establish a single toolset or platform and related services.
Compute and Storage Management Lead job duties:
• Automate granular resource provisioning, configuration, and maintenance to maximize, and where appropriate balance, availability, performance, and utilization regardless of location; and track and report the levels of automation achieved.
• Facilitate technical support associated with incremental provisioning of public cloud services and decommissioning of on premise infrastructure in support of the migration of systems and services to one or more public IaaS and PaaS cloud service providers.
• Through the Compute and Storage Management Lead’s successful advisory and technical subject matter expertise application, the Agency expects to reduce its costs associated with on premise compute and storage services, increase its infrastructure agility, and comply with current and future federal-wide mandates including the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) established in OMB Memorandum M-16-19.
• The Compute and Storage Management Lead shall develop and continuously refine automated mechanisms for staging, deploying, optimizing, maintaining, and decommissioning resources. Consistent with this, the Compute and Storage Management Lead shall proactively and continuously identify and help implement mechanisms to increase resource utilization and/or decrease resource requirements.
• To accomplish the identified objectives, the Compute and Storage Management Lead shall provide advisory and technical expertise to the following support areas:
• Architectural and Resource Planning Support.
• On Premise Compute and Storage Administration.
• Compute and Storage Related Infrastructure Maintenance.
• Related Transition Activities.
• Managing and configuring storage area networks (SANs) and Network-attached storage (NAS).
• Supporting (or trained in) Compellent SAN technologies, VMware Architecture, and Citrix XenApp implementation.
• Managing, supporting, and optimizing storage-based replication DR solutions with VMware SRM technology.
• Creating and managing VMware virtual server images.
• Managing, configuring, and supporting tape solutions using technologies such as (but not limited to) CommVault and IBM Tivoli.
• Managing, configuring, and supporting VMWare-based virtual environments.
• Configuring, provisioning, and supporting public IaaS/PaaS/SaaS environments.
• Bachelor's degree and eight years' experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• A high level of experience and skill in their respective areas of focus.
• Strong project management skills; experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from the envisioning stage through to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives in a fast paced, high pressure and relatively complex technical environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
• High standards of respect for individuals, excellence, and service to the customer.
Desired experiences and skills include:
• Experience with VMware Virtualization, Cloud storage experience, and Tivoli Storage and backup management and administration.
• Certifications may include: AWS Solution Architect Associate or MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
• Prior experience driving the integration of legacy IT infrastructure resource with Cloud and other modern technologies/architectures to more effectively meet tactical and strategic requirements.
• Prior experience building and evolving enterprise-like systems for the NRC and meeting compliance and systems security requirements while delivering timely, high-available solutions for mission requirements.
• Prior experience with legacy NRC infrastructure technologies.