We are looking to hire candidates to work on challenging engineering and geological problems within our upstream business that focuses on exploration, development, production and marketing and transportation of hydrocarbons. Specific areas of interest for this position include the application of computational geometry, numerical simulation, and programming skills totackle challenges in reservoir modeling and simulation.
- Work with geologists, engineers, and computational scientists to develop, enhance, support and maintain computational geometry algorithms and simulation software
- Tasks may involve researching and developing efficient algorithms for surface modeling, solid modeling, 3D reconstruction, model parameterization and editing, grid/mesh generation, multi-physics simulation, new discretization method, and fracture propagation.
- Integrate complex computational applications with engineering and geoscience software for geological modeling, field development planning, and reservoir management
- Improve the performance of computational frameworks and scientific computing tools
- PhD degree from a recognized university in Engineering, Computational Mechanics, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics
- Professional / graduate level work experience in developing algorithms in at least one of the following areas
- computational geometry or mesh generation
- develop numerical methods (e.g. Finite Element Analysis, Discontinuous Galerkin Method, or Finite Volume Method) for problems with geometric challenges
- multi-physics modeling (e.g. fluid structural interaction, coupling reservoir flows and geomechanics)
- Experience in one or more of the following is an advantage: Optimization, Software Architecture, High Performance Computing and Parallel Programming
- Strong object oriented programming skills/experience in C++ are desired
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment
- Previous work experience in the upstream oil and gas industry is an advantage
- Previous work experience on geological or reservoir modeling is an advantage