We are looking to hire candidates to work on challenging practical fluid mechanics problems within our upstream business that focuses on exploration, development, production and marketing and transportation of hydrocarbons. Specific areas of interest for this position include the application of computational fluid mechanics, numerical simulations, and programming skills to tackle various flow modeling challenges in, but not limited to, reservoir, wellbore, and surface equipment.
- Work with reservoir or well engineers, and computational scientists to develop, enhance, support and maintain computational fluid mechanics models, algorithms and simulation software
- Tasks may involve researching and developing efficient algorithms for surface and subsurface modeling, model parameterization, multi-physics simulation, new discretization methods.
- Integrate complex computational applications within reservoir and/or well simulator for field development planning, and reservoir management
- Improve the performance of computational frameworks and scientific computing tools
- PhD degree in Engineering, Computational Mechanics or Applied Mathematics
- Professional / graduate level work experience in developing algorithms in at least one of the following areas
- Develop numerical solvers and/or preconditioners for solving large and sparse PDE systems
- Develop numerical methods (e.g. Finite Volume Method, Discontinuous Galerkin Method, or Finite Element Method) for problems with geometric challenges
- Multi-physics modeling (e.g. fluid-structure interaction, coupling reservoir flows and geomechanics)
- Flow network hydraulic modeling
- Experience in one or more of the following is an advantage: Optimization, Data Science, Software Architecture, HighPerformance Computing and Parallel Programming
- Strong programming skills are desired either in C/C++, Python or Matlab.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment
- Previous work experience in the upstream oil and gas industry is an advantage
- Previous work experience in solving Navier-Stokes or porous media flow equations is an advantage