Virtual / Travel
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 57 days ago
We are seeking a highly motivated Computational Biologist to join our Genomics team to work closely with our diverse group of disease area partners (e.g., cardiovascular, oncology, neuroscience) to apply genomic analysis tools to drug discovery and development.
Our Genomics group, within the Novartis Chemical Biology and Therapeutics drug discovery platform, applies state of the art genomic analysis approaches to the discovery of novel drug targets, identification of new therapeutic modalities and characterization of their mode of action. In this framework, we apply sequencing-based molecular profiling technologies to the identification of disease-associated genes and pathways (e.g., RNA-seq) and the discovery of new drug targets by functional genomic screening (e.g., CRISPR). We also explore tissue biology by studying complex cell populations at a cellular level (e.g., scRNA-seq) and work closely on the development and characterization of new breakthrough cell and gene therapy reagents (e.g., on- and off-target genome analysis). Further, we continuously strive to identify, evaluate, and develop new genomic technologies (e.g., CITE-seq, CROP-seq) to remain at the cutting edge of target and drug discovery.
• Collaborate with project teams to design, analyze and interpret large genomic data sets
• Work with an interdisciplinary team of NGS scientists, cellular biologists and computational biologists on the design, development, and implementation of new genomic technologies and applications
• Develop and implement automated methods and analytical tools to deliver insights and hypotheses from multi-dimensional data sets
• Present scientific and technical data to both internal and external collaborators Integrate innovative analysis and visualization tools for multi-omics data sets
• Work independently and prepare timelines, deliverables, and project schedules
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related fields with 3+ years of relevant post-graduate research experience, preferably including biotech/pharma experience
• Strong understanding of NGS technologies and data types
• Proficient with scripting languages (e.g. python, R), high-performance computing and bioinformatics/sequencing analysis tools
• Solid scientific understanding of genomics, molecular biology and cellular biology is desirable
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated and scientifically driven with proficient reasoning skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
• Demonstrated ability to present data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner
• Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic and results-oriented environment
• Excellent teamwork, time management and organizational skills