Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Senior Structures Engineer to be based in West Palm Beach, Florida.
As Senior Structures Engineer, you will provide structures analytical support for military programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compressor components. This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.
In this role you will:
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Use FE and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
- Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Provide leadership oversight and technical mentorship for less experienced engineers and outsourced tasks.
- Collaborate with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document and present results to management and external customers.
10% travel is expected
- BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- US Citizenship due to program requirements
- Background in structural analysis
- Proven problem solving skills using FEM for stress/deflection, vibration, and performing LCF, HCF, Fracture Mechanics or Kinematics analyses.
- Strong communication and task leadership/coordination skills.
- Analytical skills
- The ability to craft clear communication and build meaningful relationships
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering