General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Quality Assurance Manager located in San Diego, CA. This position reports to the Director, Quality Control and is responsible for the planning, managing, and technical performance of a Quality Assurance (QA) program within a Composites manufacturing operations environment. Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct QA activities including planning, implementing, and managing technical performance to ensure quality and financial objectives are attained.
- Manages Quality Engineering, Quality Supervision and Inspection personnel situated across multiple composites manufacturing locations.
- Organizes, plans and directs the QA programs on all projects of the division or group.
- Participates in innovative and practical solutions to complex technical and quality problems.
- Directs the activities of Senior Quality Engineering and Inspection personnel. May act as a primary QA spokesperson with line management, program managers, technical staff, customers, and government regulators.
- Ensures technical leadership and excellence is maintained by directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Evaluates the quality of project work, approves project corrective action commitments, and follows up to assure effective implementation.
- Coordinates material review board actions, calibration, and inspection activities.
- Interfaces with procurement, manufacturing, engineering, program departments and customers to resolve quality issues.
- Participates in periodic supplier performance reviews and provides input/recommendation to re-evaluate supplier status.
- Provides support in maintaining ISO 9001 / AS9100 site certification.
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as thirteen or more years of progressively complex QA experience with at least seven of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience in Composites manufacturing and inspection, Tooling concepts and acceptance methods.
- Must be familiar with nondestructive inspection methods for nonmetallic structures.
- Experience in material and process control is required. Must have prior experience with DD-250 process for products and Tooling.
- CMMI experience, AQC certification, manufacturing or quality background in aviation preferred.
- Experience in the management of Engineering change incorporation in the field is a plus.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive working knowledge and understanding of QA principles, concepts, theories, regulations and practices; extensive knowledge of ISO 9000 or similar quality system; and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Must possess: the ability to resolve complex technical and management issues; strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings; and, strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives. Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and be able to work extended hours and travel as required.