The Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) Program is seeking a Composite Materials Engineer (Level 3) to join the Materials & Manufacturing Technology Composite Lab team in Huntsville, AL.
Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) is the preferred provider of technologies and innovation across the Boeing enterprise and works across the product lifecycle of Boeing's commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles. The composites organization is responsible for screening, developing, and supporting composite materials and fabrication methods from conception through qualification for production. This position will lead cutting edge composites research & development to explore new polymer materials & processes for production needs.
Your duties as a composites engineer will include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate with customers on job requests to verify all requirements and fabrication details are understood
- Write work instructions that include sufficient technical detail for the work to be performed; The work instructions will include layup details, cure information, NDI requirements, machining instructions, test methods, and final coupon disposition
- Provide technical support and solve any problems during execute of the work instructions
- Order or coordinate the ordering of parts and materials needed to support lab activities
- Lead continuous improvement activities
- Assist in exploring the application of new materials, processes, or test methods in composite fabrication
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with Composite Materials and Process Specifications and Test Methods
- Experience working with composite materials in a manufacturing capacity
- Experience working in composite material applications or a research and development environment
- Experience with the following: Autoclave, Hand Layup, Machine Layup, Pre-Cure Process, Post-Cure Process
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience using LEAN Manufacturing and/or Continuous Improvement practices and tools in the workplace
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is located in Huntsville, AL and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Job ID 1700014623