- Living the Safety stand and adhering to the safety responsibilities
- Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner and promptly reports any unsafe behaviors to the appropriate supervisor.
- Educates team members on safe maintenance work processes and procedures and enforces good safety practices
- Ensures a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and builds a culture where safety is a first priority
- Knows and understands plant environmental permits and makes certain that all new equipment meets these requirements
- Effectively communicates Owens Corning’s stand of safety with external parties and ensures that they work according to our safety standards
- Able to analyze systems, research options, and determine the most optimum cost/benefit relationship to deliver capital projects.
- Effectively leads capital projects from concept to completion in a way that no injuries occur and timing & spending is within expectations, so that the maximum benefit is achieved with company resources.
KNOWING OUR CUSTOMERS
- Reaches mutually beneficial agreement with all supported operating departments on required capacity specifications, in terms of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) or similar metric that measures capacity losses related to quality, availability, and performance
- Identifies, understands, and teaches others Capital Delivery Procedures required to provide our manufacturing sites with reliable and productive equipment/machinery
- Develops and implements procedures and systems to ensure equipment consistently meets or exceeds design expectations
- Supports the R&A sites to ensure they meet our customer’s needs
SUPPORTING CAPTIAL PROJECTS & MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
- Analyzes machine and process data, providing feedback and making recommendations to optimize performance; ensures effective use and integration of information & new technologies
- Networks with other engineers, site employees, S&T, and other relevant groups to identify and implement best practices for continuous improvement of plant performance metrics
- Documents Maintenance Delieverables for capital projects.
- Understands TPM and how to implement the EM Pillar.
- Enforces a comprehensive Engineering Management of Change (MOC) process
- Aids in the development and implementation of the plant capital plan
- BS or MS in an ABET certified Engineering Discipline.
- TPM experience
- Experinece in Quality systems such as, 6 Sigma Black or Green belt
- Professional engineer (PE)
- Foreignlanguage skills
The successful candidate must have 5-10 years of meaningful project work in international environments. He or she should be a flexible individual that can work effectively across the global organization, be a good communicator, and excel at teamwork. The individual must be comfortable in both the development stages of a project or on the manufacturing plant floor for equipment start-up/commissioning. This position will either be based dependent upon the current location of the acceptable candidate and the business needs. This position requires ~30% to 50% travel. International travel is a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Development of specifications for procurement and design of Mechanical systems
- Development of cost estimates for engineering and capital delivery
- Supervision of mechanical / electrical designers in the development of designs for process equipment: Hardware selection, drawings, layouts, and interface diagrams
- Configuration mechanical drive systems, understanding of approaches (torque, velocity, position control)
- Works with Electrical counterparts on software development for HMI interfaces
- Experience in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), equipment checkout, debugging, commissioning, and start up activities of mechanical process equipment
- Broad range of experience in industrial hardware (pumps, motors, conveyors, process equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.)
- Basic understanding of electricalengineering schemes & controls for effective interface with electricalengineering colleagues in design of process equipment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects at one time
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization
- Must work well in a team environment
While not a pre-requisite for this position, experience with the following hardware/software is desirable:
- Use of Auto Cad Design Software, Solid works Software, and other related design packages
- Use and interface of programming of Siemens controllers
- Experience with Allen Bradley Kinetix Servos controls
- Interfaces to electrical componets, and their functions