11 - 15 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
Senior Parts / Components Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Level EEE Parts / Components Engineer in our Torrance location.
Candidate must have demonstrated component engineeringexperience with space and MIL level electronic components – others need not apply for this position.
About the Opportunity
This individual should have a solid electronics background with an understanding of the manufacturing and test techniques, materials and construction of RF/Microwave devices, passive devices, discrete semiconductors, integrated circuits and hybrids, all of which are used in high reliability space and launch vehicle applications. The Sr. Component Engineer is responsible for part selection, development of source control drawings and test plans, construction analysis, and technical interface with both foreign and domestic vendors and customers.
- Supports Engineering and Program Management as the technical lead on various projects
- Ability to manage large number of customer action items and internal department tasks while providing technical mentoring to technical staff
- Ability to review and analyze technical details in support of problem resolution and product acceptance
- Able to coordinate and organize heavy workload to meet internal and customer driven deadlines
- Travel to both manufacturer facilities and customer sites as required
- Ability to conduct supplier audits and design reviews
- Source control drawing preparation and review
- Destructive Physical Analysis review/test failure review
- Prepare and present technical information for technical meetings/reviews/briefings and proposal writing.
- Assist in part selection
- Provide technical assistance to contracted tests labs and part manufacturers
- Provide customer applications assistance
- Review electrical test data to verify part / lot acceptability
- Bachelors of Science in ElectricalEngineering (Advanced degreepreferred) from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of engineeringexperience in the electronics or space industry
- Must be familiar with applicable U.S. MIL Specifications related to high reliability space electronics
- Strong background in piece part Radiation Effects (Preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 15 to 20%
- U.S. citizenship required, must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening