This role is primarily responsible for board level component qualification and quality control, conducting board level module incoming inspection, verifying board level components against overall vendor specifications and industry standard specifications, and inspecting board level components against regulatory requirements. This position will be located at the company’s headquarters in San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Work with development engineering teams as a coordinator and subject expert to evaluate and qualify board level components to the highest quality.
- Measure, test and qualify board level components in a process controlled scientific way using precision measuring instruments.
- Help to define the procedures, processes and quality matrices to measure and rank components and suppliers.
- Work with internal design and production teams, CM's and suppliers to define and set up board level component IQC procedures, processes and matrices to ensure the highest production quality.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data to conduct statistical data analysis and failure predictive analysis.
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to conduct RCCA to drive issues to closure.
- Work with internal teams and suppliers on continuous quality improvement.
- New product quality assurance in NPI and mass production stage; resolving system level quality issues by adopting quality methodologies ( 8D, QC story, DMAIC, etc )
- Customer quality complain handling and field failure rate(FFR) improvement in terms of production quality
- Regularly present data and progress reports to management.
- BS degree in ElectricalEngineering /Mechanical Engineeringrequired.
- 3+ year's production quality control experience in a system level manufacturing environment in the electronic industry
- Extensive experience with electrical specification validation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Need to be able to analyze problems and come up with solutions independently.
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin preferred
- Great team player.