Component engineering, ensure parts (components) used in Supermicro's products are reliable and effective, also involve during the production, development and design stages. This position is also required to work cross-departments as needed, helping product development, production, compliance towards product quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Conducts a verification/validation test to assure the component meets design specifications.
- Coordinates failure analysis and corrective activities on component parts.
- Constructs standardized descriptions for all new parts.
- Generates internal standards relating to component selection.
- Generates specifications for all new custom component parts.
- Assists design engineers in the selection of parts that best fit their requirements.
- Participates in design reviews for the purpose of component selection and standardization.
- Reviews the requests for new components to assure that can satisfy the current requirements.
- Reviews and selects alternate sources of supply.
- Member of Material Review Board (MRB) and Product Change Review(PCN) Review Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; recent college graduates are welcome to apply
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing mechanical and computer systems
- Experience in electronic and mechanical component analysis and selection.
- Familiarity with industry standard and electronic testing equipment
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Reliability Prediction(MTBF Calculation) a plus.