SCI Technology Inc., a Sanmina company, is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and sustainment of Avionics, Tactical Electronics and Sensor systems. We are looking for a creative mind to join our Component Engineering Group as a Component Engineer. In this position, you will support program management, electrical and mechanical engineering, manufacturing and quality engineering, the materials and proposal development group. The position requires a thorough knowledge of DMS management, component counterfeit avoidance, tin whisker mitigation, RoHS, and REACH. You will be expected to be a team player and be able perform assigned tasks with little or no supervision.
Nature of Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Maintains the Approved Parts List (APL) or (AVL) Approved Vendors List.
- Selects alternate sources of supply.
- Reviews all requests for new components to assure that a current part can satisfy the requirements.
- Establishes and maintains a specification system for off-the-shelf parts.
- Generates specifications and source control documents for all new custom component parts
- Maintains the APL and assigns new inventory part numbers
- Establishes standard titles for components.
- Flags obsolete parts.
- Review Bill of Materials and assess project product longevity.
- Consolidates duplicate parts and reduces inventory.
- Assists design engineers in the selection of parts that best fit their requirements.
- Maintains component library in the Orcad CIS Data Base.
- Participates in design reviews for the purpose of component selection, obsolescence, and standardization.
- Authorizes engineering change orders written against component and specifications
- Working with Manufacturing on E&O (Excess & Obsolete) component Inventories.
- Cost Analysis for components used and selected for new programs.
- Component End of Life (EOL), Availability, Lead-time and Pricing.
- Risk Management. Alert of Obsolete or Change of Cost Effectively because of EOL or PCN notice.
- Lead free lead finish documentation and specification,
- Assists the proposal department in converting customer BOM/AVLs into QuoteWin format and resolves component issues discovered by the pricing department.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant engineering work experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Strong problem solving skills, good communication skills, and ability to work in a team
- Self-starter – ability to function with little direct oversight
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite) especially Excel and the creation of Macros
- Familiarity with Agile and DMS management tools such as QStar and Silicon Expert a plus for a successful candidate.
- Familiarity with DOD style technical documentation generation is considered a plus for a successful candidate.