Job Description: Job Summary:
Leidos is looking for a Component Engineer with practical knowledge of job area. This role will work under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area.� Works to achieve operational targets with some impact on departmental results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects or assignments.
- Set objectives for own job area to meet the goals of projects and assignments.
- Provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support level employees.
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own team which may include customers or vendors.
- Explain and interpret operational processes, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization.
- Make basic adjustments to systems and processes to solve problems.
- Identify, define and address general problems that are typically within the immediate job area. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or standard procedures and basic analysis.
- Find replacements for end of life components, testing new in components in systems.�
- Creating engineering change orders (update part specification sheets and bill of materials as needed).
- Ensure that components selected meet availability, performance, quality.
- Ensure components selected meet the requirements for functionality, reliability, regulatory compliance, and industry standards compliance
- Select components that attach to Printed Circuit Boards
- Write and update Specification Sheets
- Work with design engineers on the resolution of component related issues
- Evaluate component specifications to determine suitable alternate sources.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible