- Prepare component drawings and specifications for highly complex space-based aerospace products that may be electro-optical, opto-mechanical or electro-mechanical in nature
- Provide support to engineering and purchasing for procurement and selection of parts and materials, prepare nonstandard part and material submittals, interface and work with inside and outside labs to interpret test results and define testing for the purposes of assuring that parts are compliant to requirements
- Effectively communicate with program engineers, management, and customers on technical issues and status of work
- Present results of analysis to program engineers and customers on a regular basis to ensure proper interpretation and understanding
- Act as a technical consultant in areas of expertise and to perform technical reviews of material/component quality documentation including supplier data, test results, etc. to assure conformance to stated requirements. Work is closely supervised
- Follow established procedures and specific, detailed instructions and/or guidance from more senior functional staff
- Bachelor degree in Physics, ElectricalEngineering or related Engineering discipline with 3+ years of experience or equivalent
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience or education concentration in component and/or reliabilityengineering as related to electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic (EEE) parts application and selection
- Understanding of circuit diagrams and how to interpret them
- Knowledge/familiarity with military and industrial specifications and standards as well as test methods as they relate to parts and materials
- Demonstrated, pro-active communication skills
- Knowledge of EEE part construction
- Experience with one or more EEE part commodities used on space flight programs
- Understanding of device physics and failure modes. Electrical overstress, electro-migration, fatigue, etc.
- Knowledge of radiation effects and other space environments
- Familiarity with the application of various testing methods for EEE parts (i.e. burn-in, temperature cycling, vibration, shock, etc.
- Familiarity with mechanical part and materials requirements as they relate to space flight programs.
- Familiarity with parts control/approval program processes
- Familiarity with Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) according to military, customer and internal specifications
- Familiarity with TOR, NASA and IEEE parts standards and test/inspection methods
- Ability to interface with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure program requirements are met
- Confidence presenting status & results to program management