A global bank seeks a Compliance professional to work within, and part of, the Corporate Banking division.
The role is designed to help the banking business group serve as the first line of defence against potential violations of rules and regulations. The team that the Compliance person will work with is embedded into the business, and the unit was formed as part of the response by Corporate Bank to address the roll out of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework process. In plain English, the Compliance person will help make sure that sound and ethical business practices are followed.
- Help embed a Controls Culture
- Own the Risk and Control Agenda
- Be an active member of the local Risk and Control Board
- Support bank relationships with other control functions
- Design and documentation of Business Area specific procedures
- Execution of controls supporting standards directly impacting the Business Area
- Escalation of breaches
- Design, develop and deliver Business-specific training, including Procedural Product & Sales training
- Monitor staff training record
- Document and maintain process flows including identifying reliance on other functions for critical activities and agree/ actively manage Internal Service Level Agreements.
- Document and maintain Business process flows.
- Monitor products and services sold to specific client segments/ sectors / target markets adhere to local, federal and international regulations and cause no detriment to the client or the bank.
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and thresholds, acting on and escalating adverse trends
- Support and participate in reviews by CCO team:
- Complete RCSAs, CIPRs, TRRs, SOx and Attestations (including sign-off)
- Lessons Learnt
- Identify, initiate, coordinate, and escalate all issues/riskevents in line with required timelines.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data for any Business actions/ risks/ issues
- Act on and actively manage the closure of issues, actions and riskevents within agreed date with appropriate and sufficient evidence to support closure.
- Undertake QC/Performance testing on key Business-owned key procedures (e.g. complaints, call reports) and regular self-assessment of key controls
- Responsible for day-to-day Conduct & Reputational Risk mitigation strategies
- Identify, initiate, coordinate, and escalate all regulatory related issues in line with required timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ Years experience in the Financial Industry
- Strong understanding of and empathy with Regulatory requirements and trends.
- Comprehensive understanding of and affinity with the Controls Agenda
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the business whilst managing the Risk and Controls Agenda
- Proven ability to command respect for decisions and ensure implementation / compliance
- Proactively identify potential issues both in the wider market and the product set offered to this segment
- Makes sound business decisions in complex environments using objective analysis to support decisions.
- Anticipates impact of cross-functional strategic planning and encourages participation from appropriate resources
- Attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of generic risks and control objectives
- Detailed, proven and very strong working knowledge of operational risk & control processes and practices
- Detailed and deep understanding of a financial institution’s conformance, governance and compliance policies together with knowledge of product offerings and Origination functions
- Language skills an advantage.