Responsible for in-scope processes related to assurance and compliance as part of the Tax Information Reporting (TIR) function in Finance and Risk Shared Services (FRSS). This position supports the reduction/elimination of Citi's franchise & regulatory risk through accurate and timely reporting and enhanced due diligence on customer accounts. The incumbent is expected to work as part of the Assurance and Compliance team tasked to monitor compliance of TIR policies through periodic, targeted reviews, perform operational change management (inclusive of gap identification, escalations and tracking) and build out Citi's Qualified Intermediary specialist group.This position will work in a team-oriented environment. The key objectives and result areas are as follows: -Act as a tax / information reporting specialist in the Assurance and Compliance Team -Act as an internally and externally recognized subject matter expert - Develop and execute compliance consulting activities, including targeted oversight reviews of TIR policies across Citi businesses. Report identified gaps, review business remediation plans, and escalate issues, when appropriate –Assist business in dimensioning significant issues and provide recommended actions –Manage the Build-out and maintenance of an inventory of responsible parties across all businesses for FRSS-TIR activity –Support audits with IRS and Internal Audit (IA), and any other special audits. –Manage & drive employee engagement and talent management –Ensure tight controls over owned processes to include key controls and include Continuity of Business, as applicable
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience
- 5+ yrs. related experience
- Strong compliance and assurance skills
- Process engineering and project management experience a plus
- Experience in interpreting moderately complex technical concepts and communicating recommended compliance changes to stakeholders with varied levels of expertise
- Knowledge of U.S. tax information reporting requirements applicable to products issued by retail, institutional custody, markets and private bank businesses.
- Knowledge of NRA and Back-up Withholding, FATCA, Common Reporting Standard, and Qualified Intermediary regulatory requirements
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills to drive engagement and close interactions with key stakeholders, incl. Corporate Tax and Business
- Ability to design processes and procedures, including proven track record at Process Re-engineering, Re-design, Process Automation
- Ability to collect and analyze information and identify linkages in order to integrate and align business processes with TIR policies
- Ability to act as a change agent for organizational and product transformational initiatives
- Well versed in standard desktop technology with advanced Excel skills. Visio and Access, ,Sharepoint experiencepreferred
- Experience in interacting with all levels of internal customers, senior management as well as internal, external and regulatory audit teams.
- Job ID: 17062625