The Compliance Risk Reporting Specialist will be responsible for supporting the creation and implementation of meaningful compliance risk metrics and reporting across the enterprise. These metrics will demonstrate to the businesses and functions what their compliance risks are; which controls are working; and what improvements are necessary. This role will also support the development of robust and automated reporting on compliance risk through the use of data, databases, and technology. The role will work closely with stakeholders throughout Compliance, Risk, Audit, Technology, Legal and the Business to develop more scalable, sustainable compliance capabilities and processes, playing a key role in managing compliance risk. The ability to use data to uncover stories about risk metrics, and then use creative means to visualize these stories for stakeholders will be key to success in this role.
- Operationalize compliance risk management, and work with databases to capture and tell stories about risk metrics;
- Support the development of current and future metrics and reporting capabilities to assess enterprise-wide compliance risk, with a goal of working towards automation of manual metrics and reporting processes.
- Manage complex initiatives from initial stages through implementation, including, but not limited to:
- Understanding and interpreting department and business strategy, goals and priorities;
- Defining project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders in the process;
- Developing detailed project plans to monitor and track progress;
- Engaging successfully with senior Line of Business and Enterprise leaders to achieve commitment to address key compliance risks faced by MetLife;
- Developing, and maintaining and (as needed) presenting materials describing the compliance risk management framework to senior audiences including, but not limited to, Functional / Business Leads
- Facilitate compliance training needs and find and administer solutions in the training space;
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in related business (insurance/financial services) in compliance, legal, audit or data-science related role;
- Strong organizational skills to manage competing priorities to achieve goals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Able to conduct business with maturity and presence, and interact successfully with members of MetLife’s senior leadership;
- Intellectually curiosity, asks questions to operate with a sense of urgency for success;
- Ability to coordinate across lines of business and organizations to influence actions;
- Ability to identify risks and apply strategies to minimize them;
- Ability to manage complex projects to a successful outcome;
- Strong attention to detail, to proactively head-off potential incoming issues.
- Ability to leverage Alteryx, Power BI, Qlik-Sense or similar programs to capture and tell data stories.