Herzog companies was founded in 1969 by William E. Herzog as a heavy/highway construction contractor in the Midwest. Herzog now specializes in Railroad Construction, Transit Operation and Maintenance Services, Civil Construction and Railroad Services nationwide. Our team consists of people who are innovators at heart, continuously exploring new ways to improve our products, services and, ultimately, the industry. By always challenging ourselves - and each other - to push for more, we keep Herzog at the forefront of the rail industry.
Herzog Transit Services, Inc. currently provides passenger rail transport (Commuter Rail, Intercity Rail, DMU and Streetcar) operations and maintenance services for 12 client agency contracts located throughout the U.S.
Herzog Transit Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Compliance/Quality Control Manager. This position will be located in the Miami, FL area and will be responsible for managing quality efforts associated with maintenance of passenger rail vehicles. The ideal candidate for this job will have experience in the rail industry along with development and implementation of quality management programs and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
*This is a non-exhaustive overview of the job duties for this position.
- This position will work with HTSI’s project level inter-disciplinary management team to ensure that a programmatic and consistent approach to quality is in place and functioning properly.
- Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Creating, reviewing and modifying quality plans and procedures
- Evaluating quality training needs and implementing changes to training programs to address quality training requirements
- Ensuring compliance with agency and HTSI quality plans and documents
- Performing/participating in quality audits, inspections and reviews of HTSI quality efforts and preparing corrective actions and/or recommendations for improvement
- Training HTSI officers and employees
- Evaluating and documenting HTSI quality performance
- Assisting in resolution of equipment/technical problems
- Facilitating teams for root cause analysis and corrective action determinations and implementation
- Assisting in the management of HTSI’s document control process.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are a requirement for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The position requires seven (7) years of prior management experience with a commuter or passenger railroad operation, and demonstrated experience working with applicable Regulatory Authorities. Preference will be given to candidates that have training and/or experience in one or more of the following:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a quality related discipline
- Familiarity with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s FTA-IT-90-5001-02.1, Quality Assurance/Quality Control guidelines
- ISO standards and customer specifications/requirements
- Document control systems
- Quality training programs
- Candidates for the position must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED Required (Degree preferred).
- Quality experience (5 years)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, leadership and written communication and computer skills
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report review.
- Subject to pre-employment physical, medical evaluation, and drug screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position.
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety certification and testing on an annual basis.
- Herzog is nationally recognized for its excellent corporate safety record which results from all employees at all levels, in all positions adhering to established policies and procedures. Reporting any and all safety violations to your immediate supervisor is a prerequisite for continued employment. Safety diligence by all results in a safe work environment for all.
- Herzog offers a robust benefits package including medical and dental coverage. The plans are specific to projects and locations.