At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Compliance Program Manager within PNC's Merchant Services organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. We are open to other locations where PNC Merchant Services has footprint - on a case-by-case basis.
PA - Pittsburgh
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
- Communicates effective business unit compliance programs to prevent or identify illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Trains and monitors junior staff and raises issues to senior team members. Demonstrates ability to constructively challenge conclusions/status quo and credibly influences customers.
- Updates compliance policies and procedures as needed. Ensures that compliance manuals, front office manuals, policies and procedures accurately reflect current laws, rules, other regulatory requirements and management intent. Coordinates regulatory examinations and inquiries, including the coordination of interviews and information requests from regulatory agencies. Independently challenges analyses, reviews and recommendations.
- Identifies and helps to define the compliance program objectives for assigned line(s) of business, products/services and applicable regulations. Communicate and socialize those objectives (from a leadership position) to the business. Coordinates compliance monitoring program. May serve as a resource regarding compliance impact on such matters as marketing materials and sales programs, product development, document review and other business initiatives.
- Reviews compliance reports. Identifies issues, escalates through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Reviews and analyzes assessments of compliance risk and internal controls, as appropriate. Analyzes regulatory developments, advise business management of proposed rule changes and provide recommendations. Assists, as appropriate, in updating or implementing new/enhanced processes in order to ensure timely and effective compliance with new regulatory requirements.
- Support key business initiatives by identifying compliance risks and providing resolutions to manage these risks. May include developing and/or conducting Compliance training programs for specific employees. Serves as a resource regarding compliance impact on such matters as marketing materials and sales programs, product development, documentation review and other business initiatives. Work cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit and other risk disciplines across the organization.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE FUNCTION - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
Internal Controls - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Fraud Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
100460 Compliance Program Mgr
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law