At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Compliance Program Manager within PNC's Enterprise Compliance organization, you will be based in Cleveland, Oh, Pittsburgh, Pa or Baltimore, Md.
The chosen candidate must have risk and compliance experience within Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) and Mutual Funds. Must have a solid understanding of the overall regulator requirements set by the SCC, FINRA, etc
OH - Cleveland
OH001 - PNC Center - Cleveland
- Communicates effective compliance programs to identify and prevent illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Trains and monitors junior staff and raises issues to senior team members. Demonstrates ability to constructively challenge conclusions/status quo and leverages established credibility to influence customers.
- Supports key business initiatives by analyzing and drawing conclusions from data to identify compliance risks. Provides resolutions to manage and mitigate the identified risks. If necessary, escalates identified risks to senior team members. Identifies compliance impact on matters such as marketing materials, sales programs, product development, documentation review and other business initiatives. Works cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit and other risk disciplines across the organization. May include developing, facilitating, and conducting Compliance training programs for junior staff.
- Assesses activity for existing and emerging risks. Evaluates the materiality of the risks identified and presents recommendations on necessary risk mitigation. Uses knowledge on current laws, rules, and other regulatory requirements and drafts or assesses Compliance Manuals, Front Office materials, policies and procedures to ensure alignment. Coordinates regulatory examinations and inquiries, including the coordination of interviews and information requests from regulatory agencies.
- Leads the compliance monitoring program and reviews activity to ensure it falls within established risk control limits. Helps to identify and define the compliance program objectives for assigned area, products/services, and applicable regulations. Communicates and socializes compliance program objectives to senior business partners and junior staff, as applicable. Independently challenges analyses and formulates insightful recommendations. Advises junior staff on how to appropriately challenge analyses and how to formulate thoughtful recommendations as needed.
- Reviews compliance reports to identify deeper issues and common themes. Escalates issues through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Advises junior staff on report analysis techniques as applicable. Updates and implements new/enhanced reports in order to ensure timely and effective compliance with regulatory requirements.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE FUNCTION - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
Internal Controls - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Fraud Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
100460 Compliance Program Mgr
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law