- Communicates effective business unit compliance programs to prevent or identify illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Leads junior staff and raises issues to senior team members. Demonstrates ability to constructively challenge the status quo.
- Updates compliance policies and procedures as needed. Ensures that compliance manuals, front office manuals, policies and procedures accurately reflect current laws, rules, other regulatory requirements and management intent. Coordinates regulatory examinations and inquiries, including the coordination of interviews and information requests from regulatory agencies. Independently challenges analyses, reviews and recommendations.
- Identifies and helps to define the compliance program objectives for assigned line(s) of business, products/services and applicable regulations. Communicate and socialize those objectives (from a leadership position) to the business. Coordinates compliance monitoring program. May serve as a resource regarding compliance impact on such matters as marketing materials and sales programs, product development, document review and other business initiatives.
- Reviews compliance reports. Identifies issues, escalates through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Reviews and analyzes assessments of compliance risk and internal controls, as appropriate. Analyzes regulatory developments, advise business management of proposed rule changes and provide recommendations. Assists, as appropriate, in updating or implementing new/enhanced processes in order to ensure timely and effective compliance with new regulatory requirements.
- Support key business initiatives by identifying Compliance risks and providing resolutions to manage these risks. May include developing and/or conducting compliance training programs for specific employees. Serves as a resource regarding compliance impact on such matters as marketing materials and sales programs, product development, documentation review and other business initiatives. Work cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit and other risk disciplines across the organization.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.