Compliance and Privacy Officer
Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) is searching for an experienced and dedicated Compliance and Privacy Officer to join our Administrative team at Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare!
In this role you will administer the effective development, implementation, and oversight of the Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare Compliance Program; Physician Contract and Business Associate Agreement oversight; and the Privacy and Security Programs. You and your team are responsible for identifying and assessing areas of compliance and privacy risk for the corporation, communicating the importance of the Compliance and Privacy Programs to the Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare Board of Directors and all levels of management and staff.
As the TMH Compliance Officer you also get to develop and implement educational programs addressing organizational compliance and privacy issues; implement & enforce a retaliation-free internal reporting process, including an anonymous telephone reporting system, and collaborate with organizational leadership to effectively incorporate the Compliance and Privacy programs within organizational operations and programs.
The compliance program is designed to promote a culture fostering ethical and compliant behavior in accordance with laws and regulatory requirements; providing the basis for ensuring adequate internal controls and compliance.
This role directly supervises:
- Administrative Assistant
- Compliance and Privacy Analyst
- Sr. Coding Compliance Auditor
- Information Security Officer
Qualifications & Requirements
- Education Requirement: Minimum: BS/BA in a related field of study. Preferred: JD, MBA/MHA, or other appropriate advanced degree
- Certification Requirement: Minimum: BS/BA in a related field of study. Preferred: JD, MBA/MHA, or other appropriate advanced degree
- Experience Requirement: Minimum: Seven (7) years of experience in compliance administration or health law
- Ten (10) years of directly related experience.
- Background in healthcare research compliance.
- Academic Medical Center experience.
Other Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Professional work experience with/for Federal and State Agencies (i.e., DHHS, AHCA, OCR, etc.)
- Demonstrated success integrating compliance into daily healthcare operations.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Effective problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Provides leadership and direction in a manner that cultivates respect and influences behavior at all levels of the organization. Works collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Thorough understanding of hospital revenue cycle.
- Job ID: 17.8614