Westamerica is among the largest commercial banks headquartered in California. We are looking for outstanding people to join our winning team. We reached our current strength because our employees, customers, and shareholders believe in the same fundamental goals: Delivering a wide variety of financial services with a superior customer service guarantee.
Under general managerial guidance: The Compliance Officer in Deposit Operations is responsible for supporting Westamerica’s Compliance Management System daily activities ensuring that bank activities comply at all times with appropriate laws and regulations. Ensures that all required deposit-related compliance policies are in force and reviewed periodically for adequateness. Directs and coordinates procedural updates related to compliance issues, participates in business line project and meetings to provide compliance support, manages deposit-related compliance issues and responds to compliance inquiries. Reports compliance issues to the CRA & Compliance Manager and Senior Management.
*This position is in-office, located at our Corporate Campus in Fairfield, California.
- Research regulatory issues, respond to compliance questions, and provide guidance to business units through the use of regulatory reference materials, regulatory agencies, and profession associations and organizations as appropriate.
- Ensure assigned business units are in compliance with applicable deposit laws, regulations, and rules, and have appropriate operating controls to mitigate risk. Assists the business units with developing and revising compliance-related practices, procedures and controls where needed.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all deposit-related regulatory compliance laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and industry best practices by reviewing industry publications, receiving/attending compliance training, and networking with professional advisors, experts and peers.
- Coordinates the deposit aspects of the compliance management system that ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Identifies and reports compliance issues and gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure risk is mitigated. Work with business unit partners to resolve and track identified issues to resolution.
- Reviews product and service disclosures and advertising materials for compliance with applicable rules.
- Assist with complaints as needed.
- Participates in the oversight of regulatory compliance audits and/or examinations.
- Helps to develop, coordinate and facilitate training programs, sessions, and seminars to educate business unit partners about compliance requirements and procedures. Provides and/or assists with conducting compliance training to managers and employees as needed.
- Participates as a member of the Regulatory Compliance Committee (RCC) and is a member of the Consumer Complaint Committee (CCC).
- Facilitates and provides guidance during the compliance risk assessment process.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field of study.
- Has progressively more responsible work experience in a banking financial institution implementing, monitoring and coordinating compliance activities.
- Excellent oral, technical, writing, training, interpersonal, analytical, organizational, leadership and presentation
- Additional education in financial services regulations or CRCM certification.
- Must be comfortable commuting to Fairfield, California Corporate Campus.