This position requires compliance responsibility and focus for the areas of deposit, lending, and specialty regulations. The Compliance Officer II is responsible for conducting testing & monitoring to ensure that Business Units are operating in compliance with appropriate federal and state laws. This position will also provide technical expertise and assistance to the Business Units on regulatory requirements.
Compliance Execution (100%)
- Plan, monitor, and execute the compliance testing/monitoring program to identify gaps. Communicate the results with the business units and monitor progress to complete the management corrective actions.
- Perform a secondary review of testing done by other compliance staff and provide feedback.
- Participate in compliance activities and programs designed to ensure that all areas of departments and the Bank are compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Respond to compliance related inquires and questions from other departments, perform technical research and organize the support for problem solving.
- Identify regulatory trends, developments, and reporting requirements, and execute any required changes to current policies and practices.
- Participate in internal projects related to new and modified products and services.
- Provide examination support to the supervisor for internal and external audits and inspections.
- Provide training to other departments on regulatory compliance matters and in response to audit or regulatory findings.
- Participate in compliance activities and projects as requested by the supervisor to enhance the overall compliance management system.
- Successfully complete all mandatory training on related Bank and BSA compliance as well as other laws and regulations as assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- BA/BS from an accredited university is preferred and completion of Compliance School is strongly recommended.
- 6+ years of experience in banking compliance, examinations, audit, and/or related field of commercial banking industry is preferred.
- Experience of examinations from regulatory agency such as FDIC, DBO, or FRB, is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Bank’s and business laws, regulations, services, policies, and procedures.
- Extensive working knowledge of regulatory reporting software and processes, including CRA/HMDA required, and knowledge of Call Code/TFR Reporting, Retail Operations, Commercial & Consumer Lending, and CRA requirements.
- Experience and application knowledge of standard compliance and CRA concepts, procedures, and practices, prefer to relate to banking industry, or statutory and regulatory guidelines related to banking compliance.
- Effective written, presentation, communication, planning, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn new software packages for compliance data collection and reporting.
- Prior experience with the supervision of staff is a plus.