The Compliance Officer will execute the Company's effective compliance program through incorporation of the Seven Compliance Pillars outlined by Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General. The Compliance Officer will assist, create, develop and implement policies, protocols, training, audits, investigations and other matters to reduce the vulnerability of fraud, waste, and abuse. The Compliance Officer will champion an ethical culture across the company.
Essential Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Conduct on site Auditing & Monitoring of Home Health/Hospice/Rehab Agencies across the country.
- Conduct desk review or record reviews of Home Health/Hospice/Rehab Agencies across the country.
- Provide timely and relevant analysis and recommendations to operational leadership on all aspects of compliance issues.
- Investigate Compliance matters.
- Assist in implementing other components of the Company Compliance Program.
- Triage Compliance Matters.
- Review complaints, concerns, or questions relative to compliance issues and provide consultative leadership and support to all entities as appropriate.
- Identify, prioritize and document Compliance training needs for employees, including the need for specialized Compliance training based on risk areas.
- Remain current on industry regulations or accreditation standards.
- Monitor regulatory changes, HHS Guidelines, HHS Work Plans, and emerging industry trends to revise, enhance or further develop audit approach or training.
- RN licensure or Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- 5 years Home Health experience required.
- Five years progressive experience in Home Health/Home Care/Hospice Operations, Quality Improvement, HealthCare Billing, Utilization Review, Compliance or Internal Audit.
- Ability to review and apply Healthcare regulations.
- Ability to review and apply contractual requirements.
- Ability to review and apply billing regulations.
- Ability to work independently in a remote site.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time by plane or vehicle.