Job DescriptionAbout This Role
As a key member of the US Commercial and Corporate Compliance Teams, the individual must have the appropriate level of business and compliance experience, as well as sound judgment to advise the business on complex compliance processes and compliance related issues. The role will support business functions on day to day issues. The Compliance Officer must be able to work successfully and collaboratively in a matrix environment. The position will sit in Biogen's Weston office or remote and report to the lead regional US Compliance Officer. The position requires periodic travel for training and field monitoring.What You'll Do
- Create and deliver compliance education (Training and Awareness) for US Commercial employees and managers, including both introductory and ongoing training.
- On an ongoing basis, support the communication of emerging trends, new policies, procedures, and expectations to the US Commercial organization.
- Assist the business and other members of the US compliance department in identifying and prioritizing compliance risks on an ongoing basis, and through a robust compliance risk assessment process, develop and implement solutions to avoid or manage compliance risks.
- Assist with developing monitoring plans based on identified compliance risk.
- Execute live monitoring according to monitoring plans. Use monitoring findings to identify compliance risk trends. Oversee required remediation or corrective actions.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate remediation related to compliance investigation findings and, to the extent required, oversee implementation of required remediation.
- Support US commercial brands and functions and other members of the compliance team on issues and initiatives.
- Support US Speakers Bureau and matters related to promotional program compliance and initiatives.
- Support the conducting of Internal Audits and assist in implementation of corrective actions required by audit findings.
- Support critical Compliance initiatives and projects.
- Other projects or activities as required.
- And other job duties that may be assigned. May be modified at any time as business needs require.
- 5-7 years' experience, preferably in the healthcare industry, including at least 2 years working in a compliance function.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical industry laws, guidelines, and codes.
- Strong communication, relationship management, analytical skills, and the ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Able to work independently and to prioritize multiple demands.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Business focused and process oriented, strong analytic capability including the ability to identify root causes of issues and corrective actions.
- Experience managing external vendors and suppliers' relationships highly desired.
- Ability to apply management and leadership skills to attain and maintain compliance in a cost-effective manner.
- Launch Experience highly desired.
- Spoken languages: English fluent. Additional languages valued.
- Bachelor's Degree required, JD a significant plus.
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. One of the world's first global biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is focused on advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer's disease and dementia, MS and neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, acute neurology, neurocognitive disorders, pain, and ophthalmology. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.Videos To Watch