The Compliance Department at Citizens Bank is responsible for providing superior regulatory support and guidance to all lines of business and for evaluating, tracking and reporting on the state of regulatory compliance. A critical component of performing this responsibility is conducting compliance monitoring and providing analytical insight surrounding compliance risk on products and services offered across the enterprise.
We are seeking a Compliance Monitoring and Analytics Director to provide leadership and hands-on management of a dynamic forward thinking team charged with driving use of data, automation, and quantitative analysis in the monitoring, measuring, and assessment of compliance risk.
The position will report to the Senior Director of Compliance Shared Services and will be responsible for the execution of the strategic vision of automation and analytics within Compliance. This position requires the individual to have a strategic focus while managing the day to day responsibilities of the team and delivering on measurable success criteria. This is a high-visibility and hands-on management role that emphasizes leadership and business analysis skills within a technical environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Fair Lending Analytics requiring management of the process to include working with key business stakeholders and compliance partners in the development, execution and implementation of fair lending models and analysis, and requires demonstrated knowledge of predictive model development as well as data manipulation and its governance in support of fair lending analyses.
- Quantitative Monitoring requiring managing the life cycle of data driven regulatory risk monitoring to include working with key stakeholders in the identification, scoping, process analysis, data sourcing, scripting, and reporting; requiring strong project management and data management knowledge as well as governance framework to ensure development and outcomes are transparent, usable by various stakeholders and withstand necessary challenge.
- Compliance Tools and Reporting requiring good understanding of technology needs across Compliance and working with key Compliance partners in identifying opportunities to automate processes to include in-house build or purchase of necessary applications and reporting services. Manage the development, build-out, and maintenance of in-house services and/or participate in vendor selection with focus on speed to delivery.
- Emerging Technologies and Compliance requiring attention to the advancements in the industry in areas such as natural language processing, machine learning, artificial Intelligence, big data, business rules engine, robotics process automation, optical character recognition, etc. and how these solutions can practically be applied and enhance compliance risk and analytics
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, SQL, Python, Visual Basic, SSIS and SSRS, and strong visualization capabilities (Tableau preferred)
- Ability to understand, design & implement end-to-end processes
- Ability to set priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- Ability to shift & balance strategic, high-level thinking with attention to detail
- Strong, effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening that accurately and clearly summarizes issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner)
- Ability to act as a thought leader with a focus on innovative & high-quality solutions
- Experience working in an Agile framework is a plus
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in data science, business analytics, computer science, or related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ year's prior experience in a variety of analytical roles such as applied statistics, quantitative analysis, model development, data management, database design, and tools development to achieve business and/or technical requirements.
- 3+ years in leadership roles managing teams and driving initiatives directly and/or through matrix management structures with high visibility to senior leaders across the organization