Purpose of Job
The Marketing Compliance executive will beresponsible for leading the Compliance oversight of the enterprise wide Marketing process at USAA within the Second Line of Defense. This role will require thought leadership andexperience designing, influencing and overseeing the development and implementation of a well-controlled marketing process across multiple lines of business, products and services. This role will ensure Marketing materials are clear, compliant with applicable laws and regulations and that process and controls are in place to ensure proper fulfillment of marketing offers. The ideal candidate will haveexperience within a large Financial Institution developing and/or overseeing Marketing relatedprocessesinvolving high complexity and multiple stakeholders.
- Directly manages individual contributors and/or people managers within a subfunctional team.
- Performs workload management and prioritization duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned.
- Demonstrates executive level thought leadership, strategy development, and operational planning.
- Applies subject matter expert functional knowledge to lead subordinate workers in producing work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
- Leads broad functional projects.
- Develops functional policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities and facilitates major improvements to processes and systems.
- Performs highly complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Serves in an executive leadership capacity and has responsibility for performance management and professional development activities for subordinate workers.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 or more years of related progressive experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment in the financial services industry.
- 4 or more years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- 5 years of experience in a large bank leading Marketing and Banking Advertising Requirements, Compliance functions and executing Second Line oversight of processes
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and expectations around Marketing content, controls and processes
- Ability to understand complex processes with multiple stakeholders and develop and influence best practices related to Compliance and Risk Management
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to drive significant results
- Experience presenting to executive audiences and regulators on complex topics
- Strong people leadership with transformational experience and ability to build an effective Compliance oversight framework
- Worked directly with Regulators while developing all aspects of marketing campaigns
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, candidates are also evaluated against job related competencies that are aligned with performance expectations for this role. These competencies are referred to as USAA Leadership Imperatives and are contained in the attached addendum.
Req. Number: R0027627