Job Function Description:
Monitors activities to minimize the company's exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the representation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company's activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
The Director, Compliance develops, initiates, maintains, and revises compliance policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and to maximize revenue and minimize risk. S/he leads cross functional teams in large projects to ensure compliance with specific regulatory, policy and/or procedural requirements.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the Compliance Marketing Review Team responsible for monitoring, reviewing, and advising the marketing teams on compliance issues directly related to Santander Bank offerings and products. This Compliance Marketing Review Team will fulfill this purpose by:
- Ensuring all Retail Deposit and Lending Product marketing collateral (direct mail, telemarketing scripts, e-mails and display internet marketing) adhere to legal, regulatory compliance, voice of the customer and company branding policies.
- Providing timely communication to marketing managers regarding marketing materials including accurate and courteous follow-up to marketing managers.
- Facilitating review and discussion, related to marketing communications, with various levels throughout the organization.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Programs and it related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Implements and manages multiple policies and projects across the Compliance function; with a focus on milestones/deadlines, deliverables, budgets, resources, and building key stakeholder relationships.
- Reviews compliance project plans and procedures to ensure appropriate delegation, resource allocation, and production are in alignment with the achievement of operational objectives.
- Identifies and implements short-term projects to determine strategic and operational needs pertaining to fair lending for the enterprise and affiliates.
- Reviews the departmental strategic plan to ensure alignment with cost containment objectives.
- Implements new approaches to respond to developing regulatory focuses and business objectives.
- Communicates direction from leadership and articulates impact on employee work objectives.
- Remains fully current on state and federal regulatory matters affecting the Compliance Program.
- Provides regulatory guidance, advice and consultation to lines of business in order to ensure practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports, customers, and stakeholders.
- Responds to requests from senior leadership on internal/external audits or on time sensitive matters.
- Evaluates operational/production routines and systems; recommends changes to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Serves as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's DegreeBusiness, Finance, or equivalent fieldX
equivalent work experienceX
Master's DegreeBusiness, Finance or equivalent fieldX
9-12 yearsCompliance, Legal, Regulatory, or Financial Services