$100K — $150K *
Inform and carry out the Compliance Program strategic direction as reflected in UCare’s Compliance Strategic Plan and annual Compliance Plans.
· Partner with the members of the Compliance Leadership Team to design and implement Compliance Program infrastructure, including processes and tools for administration of the Compliance Program. May include helping to ensure the proper design and implementation of internal controls and operating policies and procedures, including those of third-party service providers.
· Manage/oversee compliance projects, initiatives and reporting, including matters with visibility at all levels of the company, from front line staff to the Board of Directors.
· Establish, coordinate and maintain project plans, gap analyses, milestone dates, and leadership updates.
· Maintain knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, contractual requirements related to expectations for compliance programs to assess Compliance Program impact and consult with internal stakeholders as a Compliance Program subject matter expert.
· Establish, implement, maintain and update standard policies, procedures, processes and best practices to promote compliance with applicable laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
· Collaborate with external clients, regulators, delegates, vendors, internal stakeholders, and high levels of management.
· Develop compliance communications and drive problem resolution for the business.
· Participate in contract reviews and negotiations and proposal development as requested by senior leadership. Act as compliance subject matter expert and/or coordinator for various audits and examinations, including regulatory audits.
· Collaborate with the Vice President, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer to develop, coordinate and prepare presentations and reports for the Compliance Oversight Committee and the Compliance Committee of the UCare Board of Directors.
· Collaborate with teammates across the Compliance Department in managing workload, assigning tasks, monitoring progress against work plans and meeting regulatory timelines, bringing forth issues to the Vice President, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer and the Legal Department as necessary.
· Participate in the development and delivery of compliance training for UCare employees as well as any required training for first tier and downstream entities.
· Support the initiatives of the Compliance Department, leveraging cross functional subject matter expertise to improve the overall effectiveness of UCare’s Compliance Program.
· Other projects and duties as assigned.
Requires a BA/BS; MS/MBA/JD or professional designation such as CHC preferred.
Six years of health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance, or privacy experience. Experience managing or dealing with compliance risks associated with healthcare as well as experience working in and/or building effective compliance programs. Experience reading and understanding regulations, laws, statutes, and contracts.
Valid through: 4/2/2021