Sunbit is a technology company focused on reducing stress from daily purchases. We’re trailblazing new technology that helps shoppers realize the full potential of their buying power, provides merchants with tools to sell easier, and helps lenders open the door to fair financing for people from all walks of life. Join us to find your passion and grit—and best of all—contribute to solutions that make life for everyday people better.
Sunbit is looking for a Compliance Manager to join its growing Compliance Department in Los Angeles. As a Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for implementing the key aspects of the Company’s Compliance Program, specifically in the areas of Risk Assessment, Licensing, Compliance Monitoring, Data Furnishing and many others. The right candidate will have the ability to further expand the scope of his or her role. You will help support multiple innovative consumer credit products. Your job will be to effectively partner with the legal team and various business units to ensure further development, expansion and implementation of the Company’s Compliance Management Program.
- Implement, operate and oversee Sunbit’s compliance monitoring program
- Own compliance risk assessment; Establish and continuously improve a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks and issues.
- Manage data furnishing-related disputes
- Help manage our Complaint Management Program
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Prepare formal reporting to management and the Board of Directors and to external bank partners
- In cooperation with the legal and training departments ensure delivery of required regulatory training of the employees and external partners
- Work on further expanding vendor management policies and procedures
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed.
Requirements & Expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree required; CRCM a plus, but not required
- 5+ years of financial services regulatory compliance experience (we will consider mid- to senior level candidates)
- Background in federal and state consumer finance, privacy, and electronic payments laws
- Prior compliance experience with all or any of the following matters preferred: data furnishing, state licensing and regulatory examinations, risk assessment in the various areas related to consumer credit and privacy
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of being able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments and various third parties, including regulators
- Ability to handle and execute complex projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Impeccably organized, self-motivated and go-getter
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn new areas of law and acquire new skills
- In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations, including, but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations.