Area of Responsibility
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and administering Lithia’s compliance program to ensure organization-wide internal controls are in place.
- Assess compliance risk, correct compliance deficiencies identified by internal and external examinations, identify root cause of compliance exceptions, and develop corrective actions.
- Keep abreast of the regulatory environment by conducting compliance research and analysis of new/pending laws, regulations, interpretive rulings, and regulatory agency directives.
- Work with business management to identify, formulate, and implement compliance risk policies, procedures, and controls for the respective business and/or functional area.
- Assist with implementation of regulatory changes into business operations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Mentor/train peers within business unit and provide compliance risk expertise to projects and initiatives.
- Respond to store and department inquiries about compliance issues, utilizing appropriate sources for accurate research.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Excellent research and analytical skills, with proven ability to distill actionable, practical advice from diverse sources and opinions.
- Practical familiarity with legal requirements relating to compliance programs.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data and make recommendations compatible with Lithia Motors standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive successful outcomes with partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of work assignments that are complex and broad.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Experience in the automotive industry, and ADP and/or TeamMate audit software a plus.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ year’s progressively more complex compliance experience.
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment etc.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen