Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
?The Compliance Manager reports to the Company's General Counsel.
?We are looking for an experienced manger to lead the overall administration and day-to-day responsibilities of our compliance department as well as oversee a small team of compliance specialists. You will be responsible for developing and overseeing the successful execution of compliance policies, procedures and workflows. You will track relevant laws and regulations and provide guidance on compliance matters. You will work with other department heads, employees, consumers, clients regarding Compliance matters.
- Manage Compliance department day-to-day functions;
- ?Manage Compliance Specialists - Provide work direction on Compliance-related matters, assist in solving day-to-day Compliance-related issues, answer Compliance-related questions, evaluate performance, address performance issues, establish and monitor performance metrics;
- ?Oversee daily and ongoing compliance related projects and tasks within the Compliance team.
- ?Ensure all projects and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- ?Maintain strong knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding background screening, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state law counterparts;
- ?Track/keep up-to-date with compliance and regulation trends/changes/laws related to background screening, the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), "Ban the Box" laws, E-Verify, and others that impact the business operations and clients.
- ?Stay abreast of screening industry trends and news and share with business leadership.
- ?Create Compliance - related policies, procedures, processes, templates, and manuals;
- ?Draft, review and revise Compliance-related documents;
- ?Review certain client provided Compliance-related documents and provide feedback regarding them;
- ?Resolve Compliance-related systems issues with IT staff;
- ?Interface with internal (department heads, employees) and external (clients, clients' attorneys, consumers) people regarding Compliance-related matters.
- ?Develop and execute inter-company and client facing education/training courses and materials related to compliance related issues.
- ?Develop, implement and execute both internal and client facing audits as determined necessary by senior leadership.
- ?Collaborate and support client facing teams such as Sales, Account Managers and Implementation with client compliance related issues.
- ?Participate in client facing education webinar sessions on a wide array of compliance topics.
- ?Assist the business with research and development on new product and service offering to ensure compliance elements are built in all new products and services.
- ?Assist the Legal Department in drafting client facing alert notifications on newly passed bills and highlighted potential impact on clients.
- ?Collaborate and work closely with in-house legal counsel on a variety of compliance issues.
- ?Four (4) year college degree OR equivalent work experience
- 2+ years' management experience.
- ?Detail and process oriented.
- ?Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- ?Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- ?Excellent analytical skills.
BONUS Qualifications (NOT Required):
- Paralegal of similar experience
- Experience working with background reports
- ?Microsoft Office - Intermediate
- Microsoft Outlook - Intermediate
- ?Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and/or Mozilla Firefox - Intermediate
- ?Electronic Document Management (CSC) - Intermediate
- ?Case Management Software (NetSuite) - Intermediate
- ?Legal Research (Lexis) - Intermediate
- ?Project Management - Intermediate
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role and would like to join a growing organization filled with exceptional, positive, and motivated individuals, this is the place for you!
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, 401(k), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, and Flexible Spending.
We look forward to hearing from you!