Reporting to the Head of GRC Practices and Issues Management within Americas Compliance Division, the position’s primary objective is to deploy, and manage regulatory compliance Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) mission, vision, and program elements. Responsibilities include but not limited to management of compliance key risk indicators, risk appetite, risk & control assessment etc. The position will also support implementation and ongoing support of GRC systems across the legal entities as it relates to the job responsibilities. The role will require understanding of enterprise compliance risk and bent of mind to recommend key risk indicators. Role will also lead compliance Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process integration. Accordingly, this role includes the day-to-day management of an overall strategy for the GRC Regulatory Compliance Module to effectively meet Americas Compliance and company-wide goals, objectives, and mandates. Administration of the multi-year regulatory compliance GRC roadmap, including related practices and technologies that enable the Company to holistically understand, manage, and report compliance risks efficiently and effectively.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Primarily an individual contributor would define framework, process, policy and procedures for establishment, management and administration of the function.
- Develop a robust and consistent program of defining, collecting, measuring and reporting on regulatory and operational impacts pursuant to regulatory commitments.
- Advanced ability to aggregate data from multiple sources and develop meaningful analytics.
- Leverage expertise in Regulatory issues to identify relevant metrics and work with users to introduce new reports and data visualization dashboards to be used as a measure of performance and compliance moving forward
- May be required to lead other team members, managing and directing their work.
- Responsible for overall quality and timely delivery.
- Review, recommend and implement technology GRC solutions for processes (Open Pages, Tableau)
- Recommend and implement automation of the process.
- Coordinate work effort across Americas entities and head office.
- Ensure alignment an integration of programs with international standards.
Compliance Risk Metric and Risk Appetite
- The leader will use their expertise in reporting and Compliance to partner across the Risk and Compliance teams to identify needed metrics and provide ongoing analysis to management.
- Responsible for creation of KRI and KPI’s across compliance and other organizations.
- Advise executive management on emerging regulatory and compliance issues, which may add variables or impact to metrics and reporting.
- Review compliance framework of the bank and based on industry best practices and knowledge recommend compliance risk and appetite metrics.
- Devise governance and consistent standards for monitoring metrics and key reporting attributes, defining tolerance levels and ensuring that compliance events are brought to the attention of Division Heads across Compliance.
- Distill technical, department-wide input into readable executive-level quarterly/monthly summary of Division projects creating data flow documentation to trace how data is gathered, calculated and presented for replicable standard reporting for the Compliance team.
- Lead and Manage Compliance Risk Appetite Data Analysis and Reporting
- Act as subject matter expert for compliance Risk Appetitive and handle end to end process on Risk Appetite -related activities for compliance.
- Development and ongoing enhancement / review of Compliance Risk Appetite Statements (RAS) and revised risk appetite metrics.
- Coordinate with Risk Governance and business partners to address issues in business RAS development
- Prepare and present Risk Appetite Forum presentations
- Ensure risk appetite policies and procedures are maintained and updated. Perform annual updates to Compliance Risk Appetite Procedures Guides and policies.
- Partner with leaders across the Compliance organization to design reports and data visualization dashboards reflecting Regulatory data and metrics across the Enterprise.
- Provide recommendations on ways to improve the Compliance organization’s metrics program.
Risk and Control Self-Assessment
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Computer/data Science, Economics, or other related discipline.
- Prior experience with financial institutions or Big4 consulting firms within compliance or audit or risk is required.
- Professional designations (CRCM, CAMS, CIA or other compliance or Audit certifications) a plus.
- Prior experience with Open Pages preferred.
- Prior experience with compliance risk and control self-assessment, risk appetite and risk metric required.
- Prior experience in developing and implementing compliance metric function required.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management, operations, finance, audit, compliance or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, analytical skills, reporting & data presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in cross-functional and cross- divisional teams or solving cross-functional/cross-divisional issues in a manner that not only demonstrates both strategic and tactical thinking, but also in a manner that builds, maintains, and enhances a positive working relationship.
- Understanding of enterprise compliance risk holistically.
- Advanced knowledge Excel skills required.
- Experience with Tableau preferred.
- Requisition #: 10027240-WD